All my life I believed I was on a journey to become someone and to fulfill my dreams and goals, until I read this quote:
“Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.” — Unknown
I am changing my belief about the journey. I am already someone who is whole, fulfilled, accepted, and loved. Life is not about reaching a destination or the end result. Life is about enjoying the journey without an end.
Despite the tragedies in this world, there still exists the wonder of it all: the beauty, the aliveness, the stillness, the love, and the miracles. The miracles are what keep us in joy and in faith and bring us closer to our Creator. My hope for all is that we are conscious of and witness and experience many miracles in the coming new year and all through life.
Before I started meditating, my life was chaotic. I was a very anxious and uptight person. My mind and thoughts would go a mile a minute. I would worry about things that were out of my control; I got upset so easily over silly stuff, I would forget where I put things, etc. Life was always a struggle. When I started meditating, my life slowly began to change. Amazing things started happening. My life is more balanced, my emotions are under control, and my days go smoother. Life seems easier now, and it is getting better and better every day in every way. There are no meds, drugs, alcohol, or anything to ingest. Meditation is just pure and natural being. Here is what meditation has done for me:
- The noise or mind chatter in my head has reduced significantly.
- I have a more positive attitude.
- I am a calmer and more relaxed person.
- I feel healthier and more energetic.
- I sleep better.
- I am happier.
- I am confident.
- I can surrender to what is happening in each moment.
- I am a more conscious being.
- I have more peace and clarity in my life.
Meditation is empowering, enlightening, and transformative. I challenge you to try it for just one week straight for at least 15-20 minutes each day. It takes a little discipline, but I know you can do it!
“Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not dependent on some other body, some external form. In the stillness of your presence, you can feel your own formless and timeless reality as the unmanifested life that animates your physical form. You can then feel the same life deep within every other human and every other creature. You look beyond the veil of form and separation. This is the realization of oneness. This is love.
The reason why the romantic love relationship is such an intense and universally sought-after experience is that it seems to offer liberation from a deep-seated state of fear, need, lack, and incompleteness that is part of the human condition in its unredeemed and unenlightened state. There is a physical as well as a psychological dimension to this state.
The moment that judgment stops through acceptance of what is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace. First you stop judging yourself; then you stop judging your partner. The greatest catalyst for change in a relationship is complete acceptance of your partner as he or she is, without needing to judge or change them in any way. That immediately takes you beyond ego. All mind games and all addictive clinging are then over. There are no victims and no perpetrators anymore, no accuser and accused. This is also the end of all codependency, of being drawn into somebody else’s unconscious pattern and thereby enabling it to continue. You will then either separate – in love – or move ever more deeply into the Now together – into Being.” – Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now
Destiny is a predetermined course of events usually powered by an irresistible life force. We can intentionally control what happens in the future (to a certain extent). Sometimes, things turn out better than what we could ever imagine. As long as we stay conscious and alert in the present moment; be positive with our mind, thoughts, and actions (even during the bumps along the road); and go with the natural flow; we will fulfill our destiny.
Do you expect to do many great things? Are you destined to be with a certain person and perhaps meant to live somewhere else? When you have the desire and can feel it and believe it, you can make it happen!
I look for signs in life that indicate whether or not I am on the right track. I enjoy reading the messages from fortune cookies. Below is one that I recently got in my cookie:
Wow… the world is full of insecurity, fear, and worry as proved in one of Maxine’s Crabby Road cartoons. Thought I would share this one with you today. Below is what Maxine has learned over the year. Enjoy!
“As we progress through 2015, I want to thank you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.
- I can no longer open a bathroom door without using a paper towel, nor let the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.
- I can’t sit down on a hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.
- Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.
- I can’t touch any woman’s handbag for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public toilet.
- I must send my special thanks for the email about rat poo in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.
- ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
- I can’t use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
- Thanks to you I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
- Because of your concern, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
- I no longer buy fuel without taking someone along to watch the car, so a serial killer doesn’t crawl in my back seat when I’m filling up
- I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.
- And thanks for letting me know I can’t boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face, disfiguring me for life.
- I no longer go to the cinema because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.
- I no longer go to shopping centers because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
- And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a huge phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan.
- And thanks to your great advice I can’t ever pick up a dime coin dropped in the car park because it was probably placed there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.
- I can’t do any gardening because I’m afraid I’ll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.
- If you don’t send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor’s ex mother-in-law’s second husband’s cousin’s best friend’s beautician!
- Oh, and by the way… a German scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse. Don’t bother taking it off now, it’s too late.
P.S. I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet.”
“NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD DAY!! “