Super proud of my talented brother! He is an artist in Los Angeles. Below are some pictures of his beautiful, contemporary pieces. His latest piece is a tabletop he designed for a couple who is opening an art gallery in Redondo Beach. His paintings are now hanging in the Virga Art Gallery in Laguna Beach, CA. If you want to check them out, here is their website: http://virgaart.com/. Click on the menu, and under Guest Artworks, click Anthony Parise. Thank you! Stay creative!
Wow… the world is full of insecurity, fear, and worry as proved in one of Maxine’s Crabby Road cartoons. Thought I would share this one with you today. Below is what Maxine has learned over the year. Enjoy!
“As we progress through 2015, I want to thank you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.
- I can no longer open a bathroom door without using a paper towel, nor let the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.
- I can’t sit down on a hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.
- Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.
- I can’t touch any woman’s handbag for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public toilet.
- I must send my special thanks for the email about rat poo in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.
- ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
- I can’t use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
- Thanks to you I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
- Because of your concern, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
- I no longer buy fuel without taking someone along to watch the car, so a serial killer doesn’t crawl in my back seat when I’m filling up
- I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.
- And thanks for letting me know I can’t boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face, disfiguring me for life.
- I no longer go to the cinema because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.
- I no longer go to shopping centers because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
- And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a huge phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan.
- And thanks to your great advice I can’t ever pick up a dime coin dropped in the car park because it was probably placed there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.
- I can’t do any gardening because I’m afraid I’ll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.
- If you don’t send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor’s ex mother-in-law’s second husband’s cousin’s best friend’s beautician!
- Oh, and by the way… a German scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse. Don’t bother taking it off now, it’s too late.
P.S. I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet.”
“NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD DAY!! “
Some people believe Jesus is God while others believe Jesus is a separate entity from God. Just out of curiosity, for all the Believers, Christians, and followers of Jesus, I would like to know if you believe Jesus is God. Weigh in with your answer. A simple yes or no is sufficient, or you may add your comments. Thank you so much!
Music can affect us emotionally and physically. If you enjoy listening to piano music, this is a beautiful piece: Variations on the Canon by Johann Pachelbel with arrangement by George Winston. I give credit to my brother (thank you Tony) for sending me the link. Relax and listen…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hydo5gJP22o.
Welcome to the United States Pope Francis! We are honored to have you.
Here’s a beautiful song called, “Now” which was played during the closing credits in the movie, “My Greatest Teacher.” “Now” is from award-winning songwriter Dave Carroll’s solo album “Perfect Blue” and inspired by Eckhart Tolle’s book “The Power of Now.” Enjoy.
I took this shot of this cool little grasshopper in the front of my house. Insects are living beings and members of the animal kingdom. How very different they are compared to human beings. You can click on the picture to get a closer look. 🙂
My daughter recently announced she is getting married next May, so this prompted me to post something about marriage. I am so excited; I love to see two people get married. If you want to spend the rest of your life with one particular person, and you can totally trust that person, why not get married? If it’s because of financial reasons, children involved, or just plain being selfish, or any other excuse for that matter, then is it a genuine relationship? No relationships are perfect, because no two individuals are exactly alike in every way. The question is, can you live with these differences? I found this article on: https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/marriage.