I bet there have been times when you have been completely overwhelmed with issues going on in life. Be grateful anyway. Blessings come in many forms and may come in disguise. Remember God is good and working behind the scenes for us. Sometimes we’ll figure out why things happened the way they did, but sometimes we’ll never know. We still have to have faith in God and in ourselves. Everything is in order and as planned.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Flaunt Our Flaws
We all have one thing in common. Each and every one of us has flaws. Now I know some of you don’t want to admit it, but we all do. Why are we so afraid to expose our flaws? Is it because we’re afraid of what other people might think of us? We need to realize that we are beautiful even with our imperfections.
Let’s change the way we think about ourselves. It’s too exhausting trying to be someone we’re not. We are going to work on and undo what society has done to us for decades. Besides, how do we know for sure they are actually ‘flaws?’ A flaw could be beauty in disguise. From now on, let’s just be straightforward. We are always flaunting our good characteristics, but what about the parts we ‘think’ other people won’t like? Because guess what… they may have the very same one(s)! Love everything about yourself. You will be so much happier!
The law of cause and effect, you reap what you sow, and what goes around comes around. When will people realize that whatever they do in life, whether it’s something good or something bad, there is always an outcome regarding that action? If you do something good, the results will be good and vice versa. It is that simple. Stay awake people and be mindful of what you’re doing! When you’re always doing positive things, you’ll have nothing to fear. You’ll be sittin’ pretty!
Emotion in Animals
I believe animals have compassion. Please go to this YouTube video and see for yourself where a dog tries to save some fish. It’s heartwarming. I take no credit for this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HFodb9Ezyw
Meditate vs Medicate
Meditation and medication sound alike and are similar in meaning. Both are used for the healing and renewal process of a human being. However medication is a substance absorbed into the body, while meditation is a natural method accessing the mind, body, and spirit. Meditation is a practice that anyone can do even young children. It has many health benefits, and it’s totally free!
The Grand are Grand
The word grand is part of grandchildren for a reason. They are grand! Below is my little guru grandson totally in the present moment exploring life. I teach him and he certainly teaches me. He is pure joy.
I am all about being grateful. Recently, I was challenged by a dear friend, Beverly Austin, for five days to list five things I am thankful for. Here is my list of 25 (in no specific order) to fulfill this challenge. Of course, my list is endless, because every day there is always something new to be grateful for.
- I am very grateful to know you and all the people who have crossed my path.
- I am very grateful for family, especially my parents, siblings, children, niece, and grandson.
- I am very grateful for my darling little Oscar and all the animals in this world.
- I am very grateful for nature.
- I am very grateful for my job.
- I am very grateful for my home.
- I am very grateful for technology.
- I am very grateful for all inspirational leaders.
- I am very grateful for music.
- I am very grateful for the sun, the moon, and the stars.
- I am very grateful to have the desire to help people.
- I am very grateful for my artistic abilities.
- I am very grateful for my intuition.
- I am very grateful for guidance from a higher divine power.
- I am very grateful for the universe.
- I am very grateful for little nudges to wake me up.
- I am very grateful to be conscious and in the present moment.
- I am very grateful for my accomplishments.
- I am very grateful for change.
- I am very grateful for encouragement from other people.
- I am very grateful for good health.
- I am very grateful for Oprah Winfrey. She has truly inspired me.
- I am very grateful for vacations, the beach, the ocean, the sand, and the breeze.
- I am very grateful for love, patience, and compassion.
- I am very grateful for time for myself.
What Makes You Happy?
Does a certain person or an animal bring you happiness? What about your home, car, or a material object? Are you happy with you? Are you happy when there’s no one or nothing else there? Being happy with yourself is the most important part of life. Why would you not be happy with youself? Are you “thinking” about the past and what you did or should’ve done? Are you worried about something (that hasn’t even happened yet)? Seriously, ask yourself if you make you happy. If your answer is no, or I don’t know, then you’ve got to dig deep and figure out why. No one knows you better than you. 🙂
Promoting Healthy Habits
We all have habits; some good and some unhealthy. Habits can be hard to break, but you can definitely change them. First, you have to recognize that it’s a bad habit. This is key to changing it. Second, you’ve got to take action. You can’t just sit there and think about it or talk about it. You’ve got to do something to correct it! You have the power and strength within you to achieve what you desire. So get started and get going! Change those bad habits! Here’s my healthy eating photo for today.
A must see movie, “The Giver.” In an ideal world where there is no pain or suffering, no emotions, and no choices, a young graduate is selected as receiver of memories and discovers the “real” world. Here’s the link to check it out: