Learn something new every day. When you share what you learn, it’s a win-win situation.
We will experience many obstacles in life. Usually, our first reaction is to resist what is happening. We also want to know why it is happening. What we really need to do is focus on getting though the situation and to think positive about what we can learn from it. It’s a growing experience. We may come to find out later or we may never know. Our faith is being put to the test.
Taken at Blackwater Falls, WV
The more you engage in the blame game, the more you lose in the game of life. Accusing someone else for a negative situation is a means of defending yourself and avoiding your own flaws and weaknesses. I know because I have done this in the past. I appreciate that those challenging experiences were actually meant for me so that I could learn and grow from them. We get caught up in wanting to be right and are quick to point fingers at others. We need to take responsibility for ourselves, but not by self-blame either. The next time a bad situation arises, ask yourself what can you take away from it, and of course, always be mindful of what you can do to better yourself.
Wow… the world is full of insecurity, fear, and worry as proved in one of Maxine’s Crabby Road cartoons. Thought I would share this one with you today. Below is what Maxine has learned over the year. Enjoy!
“As we progress through 2015, I want to thank you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.
- I can no longer open a bathroom door without using a paper towel, nor let the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.
- I can’t sit down on a hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.
- Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.
- I can’t touch any woman’s handbag for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public toilet.
- I must send my special thanks for the email about rat poo in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.
- ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
- I can’t use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
- Thanks to you I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
- Because of your concern, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
- I no longer buy fuel without taking someone along to watch the car, so a serial killer doesn’t crawl in my back seat when I’m filling up
- I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.
- And thanks for letting me know I can’t boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face, disfiguring me for life.
- I no longer go to the cinema because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.
- I no longer go to shopping centers because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
- And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a huge phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan.
- And thanks to your great advice I can’t ever pick up a dime coin dropped in the car park because it was probably placed there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.
- I can’t do any gardening because I’m afraid I’ll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.
- If you don’t send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor’s ex mother-in-law’s second husband’s cousin’s best friend’s beautician!
- Oh, and by the way… a German scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse. Don’t bother taking it off now, it’s too late.
P.S. I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet.”
“NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD DAY!! “
Do you ever wish you could go back to a younger age in life? I’ve heard many people say they wish they were younger but only if they knew then what they know now. What do you know now? Have your learned from your past experiences? Experiences can sting us and teach us not to do that again or positive experiences can motivate us to keep doing what we’re doing. We learn more from our experiences than anything no matter if they’re good or bad. Experiences are our greatest teachers. Oscar Wilde wrote this great quote:
“Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward.”
When we want to attract the right people into our lives, we first have to be right with ourselves. How can we be better so that we can have better relationships? If you’re in a relationship that needs repaired, figure out what you can do to make things right. Instead of expecting the other person to change, we have to learn to change ourselves. Become more loving, accepting, and supportive of ourselves, and then we can provide the same in our relationships.