Why do people take advantage of a good thing? Why do people fail to appreciate others for who they are and what they do for them? They’re always wanting more and more and end up ruining relationships. They push their limit and then get angry when others finally stand up to them. Balance is what it takes for both sides. Please… show respect and gratitude when someone is helping you out, and do not ‘expect’ it from him or her. For the other person, always be kind and giving but know when to stop before people take you for granted.
As I celebrated my 60th birthday this past weekend, I realized something. Why do we wait for that special day to come around once a year to celebrate? We should be celebrating every day like it is our birthday (maybe minus the cake). Oh and be proud of your age. We are all so hung up on looking young, but we need to face the facts that one day we are all going to get old and die. Besides, it’s what’s inside that counts. I still feel as young as when I was in my 30’s, but I must say, I am a lot more wiser now from my life experiences. I believe if you have a positive attitude, you will age gracefully. Life is good; we’re alive and well, so be happy and grateful for every day!
I bet there have been times when you have been completely overwhelmed with issues going on in life. Be grateful anyway. Blessings come in many forms and may come in disguise. Remember God is good and working behind the scenes for us. Sometimes we’ll figure out why things happened the way they did, but sometimes we’ll never know. We still have to have faith in God and in ourselves. Everything is in order and as planned.
I am all about being grateful. Recently, I was challenged by a dear friend, Beverly Austin, for five days to list five things I am thankful for. Here is my list of 25 (in no specific order) to fulfill this challenge. Of course, my list is endless, because every day there is always something new to be grateful for.
- I am very grateful to know you and all the people who have crossed my path.
- I am very grateful for family, especially my parents, siblings, children, niece, and grandson.
- I am very grateful for my darling little Oscar and all the animals in this world.
- I am very grateful for nature.
- I am very grateful for my job.
- I am very grateful for my home.
- I am very grateful for technology.
- I am very grateful for all inspirational leaders.
- I am very grateful for music.
- I am very grateful for the sun, the moon, and the stars.
- I am very grateful to have the desire to help people.
- I am very grateful for my artistic abilities.
- I am very grateful for my intuition.
- I am very grateful for guidance from a higher divine power.
- I am very grateful for the universe.
- I am very grateful for little nudges to wake me up.
- I am very grateful to be conscious and in the present moment.
- I am very grateful for my accomplishments.
- I am very grateful for change.
- I am very grateful for encouragement from other people.
- I am very grateful for good health.
- I am very grateful for Oprah Winfrey. She has truly inspired me.
- I am very grateful for vacations, the beach, the ocean, the sand, and the breeze.
- I am very grateful for love, patience, and compassion.
- I am very grateful for time for myself.
I was driving to work this morning, and I was thinking about everything I am grateful for. I am so grateful for everyone who has been part of my life. Thank you for you! I am so grateful that I can sit here and actually document my thoughts. I am so grateful that you are willing to read what I have to say. I am so grateful that I have the desire to help people understand more about life. I appreciate all that I am. I am so grateful for this very moment.