I was taught at an early age that heaven was an actual bright, beautiful place called paradise where you would go if you were a good and righteous person. And if you were a bad person, you would descend into a fiery, dark, evil place called hell. No one knows for sure what happens to us after we die. So for now, I believe you can create your own heaven or hell right here on earth. You are the only authority in your life and you get to choose. My quote below sums it up quite simply:
Everyone solve this one. When asked this riddle, 80% of kindergarten kids got the answer, compared to 17% of Stanford University seniors.
- What is greater than God,
- More evil than the devil,
- The poor have it,
- The rich need it,
- And if you eat it, you’ll die?
Fear is the most unpleasant, distressing, painful feeling anyone can experience. Fear is caused by worry or thought of possible danger, evil, or a threat. Fears may come from personal history and/or can be learned from experiences. Wikipedia provided the top 10 types in the U.S. by a 2005 Gallup poll and Bill Tancer’s published list in 2008:
“In a 2005 Gallup poll (U.S.A.), a national sample of adolescents between the ages of 13 and 17 were asked what they feared the most. The question was open-ended and participants were able to say whatever they wanted. The top ten fears were, in order: terrorist attacks, spiders, death, being a failure, war, criminal or gang violence, being alone, the future, and nuclear war.
In an estimate of what people fear the most, book author Bill Tancer analyzed the most frequent online queries that involved the phrase, “fear of…” following the assumption that people tend to seek information on the issues that concern them the most. His top ten list of fears published 2008 consisted of flying, heights, clowns, intimacy, death, rejection, people, snakes, failure, and driving.”
By understanding and confronting your fears (also called exposure therapy), you can gain better control of your life. You have the courage to overcome your fears. Most importantly, have faith and trust in God and in yourself that everything will be all right.
What do you know for certain? What can you say, feel, and know in your heart that you are absolutely sure about? Speaking from my past experiences, the list below is what I know for sure and truly believe:
- There are many people who are discouraged with life.
- Your thoughts can create evil.
- It is hard work and a struggle when you swim against the flow of water (life).
- Negativity causes health issues.
- Life is really good and not what you may think it is.
- You attract who or what you think about.
- You reap what you sow.
- You need consciousness to stay in the present moment.
- Meditation heals your mind, body, and soul.
- We were put on this earth to help each other.
- When your intentions are aligned with the source of all creation, you can create the life you desire.
- Where there is love there is peace.
- A higher divine power exists and that I am loved.